Have you ever thought about switching to a plant based diet, but aren’t sure how to start? I know, it can be daunting! Here is a list of some of my favorite plant-based staples, all purchased from Trader Joe’s!
- Riced Cauliflower
- Brocolli florets
- Celery (love w/ nut butters)
- sweet potatoes
- spaghetti squash
STOCK UP ON GREENS– they are your friend (especially w/ T1D)!
- Frozen wild blueberries
- grapefruit (low glycemic index)
- berries of choice
- Jackfruit (trust me, it’s a miracle food)
- Beans of choice
- Coconut Milk (light or full fat)
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Vegan Pesto, you’re welcome
- Raw nuts are the go-to (personally love cashews and pecans)
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Raw Almond Butter
- Flax/Chia Seeds (for smoothies and chia pudding)
- Phsyllium Husks (fiber– for smoothies)
- Frozen coconut chunks
- coconut oil
- KALE CHIPS (X 9999)
- Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Matcha Packets (if you are a tea drinker)
- Kombucha (fermentation is great for gut health)
- NUTRITIONAL YEAST– tastes like cheese, vegan DELICIOUSNESS
- Dark Chocolate — 85% is my fav!
- stevia (all natural sugar replacement)
- “everything but the bagel” seasoning, because DUH
- gluten free crisp breads
- COCONUT WATER! Hydrating and great for low blood sugars!